Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Growing Up!

I took this picture Monday after getting him into the wheelchair for school. You can see the blue sling underneath him. After seeing these pictures, it's hard to believe I used to lift him every day into the wheelchair; he seems bigger to me now. It's probably a good idea to use the Hoyer Lift however I will have to start a formal weight training program or I will lose my muscles. It was always a good feeling knowing that I could lift him quickly in case of an emergency and now that's no longer an option. I guess that's part of growing up. I couldn't get him to smile for the picture, although he smiled as soon as I was done. That's a fifteen year old for you!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gosh! He's grown so much!!!!

Anonymous said...

He is such a handsome young man!

Anonymous said...

he's a handsome boy. :)

Mom Of Thomas said...

That is a great picture of dear son. I have just recently discovered your blog (right before your surgery) and I am so impressed with your writing and all that you do for dear son. You are truly an inspiration to ther moms of special needs kids. Thank you.

I was so inspired that I started my own blog about my journey with my son, who is 4.5 and has cerebral palsy. http://momofthomas.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

He is a handsome boy. That's funny about him not wanting to smile for the camera. I know what you mean about lifting him quick in case of an emergency - I think about that with Ellie. That's the thing about raising a kid - it's all about adapting to their changes.

I hope you got the advice on the Hoyer lift you were looking for. Yet another thing to learn about.

Surgeon In My Dreams said...

I hope you're doing ok...

deb said...

Hi Dream Mom-

What a handsome young man!

You are in my thoughts. I hope all is well.

It has been recommended that we consider a VNS for my own dear son. Very nervous about this. We live in the same area....any thoughts about who/where/etc.?

Deb

Dream Mom said...

Jan-We are doing o.k. I am not getting much sleep with DS at all over the last few days hence no post. He's been up a million times at night and I am dead tired. I'll try to do better once I get a good night's sleep. Thanks for asking.

Deb-E-mail me at dreammom90@yahoo.com and I'll fill you in. We had an awesome pediatric neurosurgeon and the VNS made a huge difference.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

StatCounter