Friday, February 06, 2009

Dream Mom Blog Enhancements!

You may have noticed several changes over the weekend to my blog. I’d like to take a minute to tell you about them.

New Template! By now, you have noticed the new green template. I was forced to change the template this weekend in order to take advantage of some new blogger features.

Wikio Universal RSS Feed! On the top right hand corner of my blog, you will notice a “subscribe” button. This button allows you to add my blog to whatever RSS feed (news aggregator) that you use. In simple terms, any time I write a new post or update my blog, you will be notified or get the new post on your RSS feed. Once you click on it, several choices for the RSS feed will come up.

More On This Topic! On the right side bar of my blog, you will notice a heading called, “More On This Topic” that has links to some of my previous posts and other posts on related topics. This is a result of a new feature to my site called, “Pluck on Demand”.

In 2006, I received an invitation from Pluck Corporation to become part of BlogBurst, the world’s largest blog syndication network. Recently, Pluck Corporation introduced a new product called, “Pluck on Demand” which uses simple widgets imbedded in my site, to bring you related articles, videos, and blog posts from leading sources. When you click on a related headline link on my blog, a new page is generated within my blog where the full article, post, or video can be viewed. These articles are pre-packaged with display and video advertising which can earn the publisher and myself revenue. This is not unlike the Google ads, which earn the blog publisher revenue. To date, I have not earned any revenue from this blog, so that would be nice. (I have no idea what that means, in dollar amounts, but with Google ads, the amounts were marginal.)

My blog, “Dream Mom” was selected as a beta for this new product. To add Pluck on Demand, required that I do a few things. The first was to update my blog to a new template. The new template included upgraded layouts and HTML code which allowed me to add the widgets. Adding the widgets required a blank post called, “Related Content”, which you saw on Saturday. In the background of that page, was the code required to do that. Now when I write a post, other posts, articles, video and ads will appear under the heading, “More On This Topic”. I have no control over that content and the content may or may not change when I write a post since it matches on content.

New Links! I updated the links section to include some new blogs that I like. Some of my favorites include: My Romantic Home, Hillbilly Housewife (love that name!), Productivity 501, Unclutterer and TenderCare Beds. Cindy writes My Romantic Home and never ceases to amaze me with all of the projects she does to make her home more beautiful. She takes flea market finds and makes them into treasures. She takes exceptional photos and it is truly a pleasure to visit her blog to see what kinds of things she has for us every day. Her home has been featured on HGTV's "Rate My Space". Susanne from the Hillbilly Housewife has a recipes section on her blog that is pretty good. She takes time to explain cooking terms which is helpful for a novice like me. Productivity 501 is an excellent blog that is vastly underrated. There are so many great articles and content that I can't say enough good things about it. One of my favorite blogs is, "Unclutterer". It's a blog that discusses things related to organizing. Of course, I would love that. It's a great place for us "born organized" folks to hang out and comment on our organizing systems. There are also all of the old favorites from Fat Doctor (who recently adopted a little girl) to Poppy Q, the world's most beautiful cat! I hope you enjoy some of the new reads!

Additional Content! Finally, you’ll be seeing some new content from me this year. While I adore Dear Son, I don’t have enough stories to fill all of my posts. I will continue to write stories about him but will also expand my postings to include other topics that are of interest to me and hopefully to you, but also posts that are timely to a publisher. An example of this post, would be the previous one with regards to, “Best Things About a Recession”. I've been quite busy with work related projects this week so I'll try to be a bit better about adding more moving forward.

Thank you for all of your support. I hope you will enjoy the new content.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

StatCounter