Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Delay

I am sorry about the delay in postings. My mother is in a rehabilitation facility (physical therapy) and is having several medical issues that are not being addressed properly and without intervention, she could have died. We are still not where we need to be but I met with the Adminstrator today to resolve these. This is proving to be a lot on top of caring for Dear Son. This has been enormously stressful for me. I can honestly say that I have not been this stressed in years. I haven't been able to sleep this week since I have been sick with worry. As a general rule, I am not that type of person but when you know your mother is being neglected and suffering, it's really hard to function. My sister and I are working together on my mother's behalf, which makes it easier.
On a positive note, Dear Son continues to do well. He still has some bad seizures but overall is making some remarkable progress. This week, he was able to raise his chin up when I shaved under his chin. Each time I asked him to lift his chin up, he was able to do it. I was so proud of him and so excited! This has never happened before. In the past, I might ask him to do something and you could see he understood it and wanted to do it but it would take a little while for him to get his body working and then he may only be able to do part of what I asked. Now that he's taking the organic, virgin, coconut oil, he seems to be able to coordinate his mind/body better. I have increased his dose from 1 tsp to 1 tbsp/day and that seems to work better for him.
In addition to moving his chin up, he was able to move his hand out of the way the other day, prior to me lowering the bed rails. Typically, I have to move his hand out of the way, before I lower it. The other day, he moved it out of the way himself. This was huge! I can not explain why this necessarily is working so well for him but only that everything seems to be better. Please note, Dear Son stills sleeps a lot after school and it hasn't changed his diagnosis or anything but he definitely looks better, seems happier and is able to do more things than he has done in the last few years.

4 comments:

Susan said...

i wish there was something i could do for you. my thoughts and prayers, as always, are with you.
susan

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to find something that helps. Good for you and him. B.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for changing the colors. I can now read your blog, and I couldn't before when it was green.
Best wishes to all of you.

Dream Mom said...

Thanks, Anon. I am glad the color change works better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

StatCounter