Monday, July 08, 2013

First Look at the Foyer

I celebrated my birthday today.  My sister took me out to lunch and also brought me some pink hydrangeas from her garden.  I put them on my three drawer chest in the foyer.  I still have to install my crystal sconces on either side of the mirror yet, but overall, I love the look of these pink hydrangeas on the chest of drawers. We had a great time visiting over lunch and it's something we don't do often enough. Overall, a really nice day.  I went to visit my Mom at the nursing home prior to going to lunch so it was great to see her as well.

 I haven't done much of anything in here. I suspect I'll paint the walls within the next few months, once I decide on a color. I selected a pale pink paint color for my kitchen and if I like it, I'll use it in here as well. Martha Stewart did one of her guest houses in a pale pink color many years ago and I have always loved it. But for now, for summer, my focus is on the yard.
 
One of the things I like about my new house is that I have an open concept living room/foyer with a vaulted ceiling. The ceilings are nice and tall which allow me to display my beautiful Louis XV mirror. I think these pink hydrangeas look just perfect here.












 One final look....so pretty. I am thankful to have such beautiful things.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love hearing about your new house and how you're decorating it. It's good to know that Dear Son is doing well too! Congratulations on your new house.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

StatCounter